Support> Customising Appearance > How to add Filters to your Locator
How to add Filters to your Locator
Filters are a great way to:
- Differentiate between different types of locations (Free WiFi, Kids Clothing, Drive-thru, Showrooms, etc)
- Identify which products or product lines are available at each location
- Show where a specific brand or sub brand can be purchased on one map
We offer two ways for your customers to choose Filters - either using check boxes or selecting from a list. You can switch between these two options using the Filters option found under 'Filter Settings' on the Settings page.
There are three ways to add Filters:
1. Edit the Store manually by clicking on the Store on the Stores page. You can choose from an existing Filters or add a new one by typing it's name into the input field under the 'Filters' section.
2. Upload the filter information using our Bulk Upload feature. In our sample import format you will see a 'Filters' column. Multiple Filters can be applied to a single store by separating them with a comma. For example, to add two filters called 'Free WiFi' and 'Drive-thru' to a store entry, you would upload the following entry:
3. You can also add Filters on the Filters page in the admin console. Click on the 'Add Filter' button at the bottom to add a a new Filter. This new Filter will then be available to add to any stores when you edit them or upload them as shown above.
When a checkbox is checked or an entry is selected from the select box, the store locator will automatically update the list of stores and the markers on the map to show only those locations that fit the selected check box.
As always, if you need any help setting up Filters please contact us.