In this support article we describe the meaning of each of the fields in the Bulk Import file and present sample values for each entry.
- Store Name (Required): This is the name of the store or location and is used in the store list as a link to show the store location on the map. Any name can be used and it does not have to be unique. For example “Irma’s Coffee Shop”.
- Description: The description will appear in the store details under the Store Name. You can use HTML tags in here to emphasize text or provide links. For example “The best coffee house in Miami”
There are two options to providing a store address. The first way is to use the AddressComplete field to give the entire address, for example:
- AddressComplete: 270 Biscayne Blvd Way, Miami, FL 33131, United States
Alternatively, you can complete the address components as follows:
- Address 1: 270 Biscayne Blvd Way
- Address 2: Miami
- Address 3:
- State / County: FL
- Zip / Postal Code: 33131
- Country: United States
The important thing is that you choose one way to set the address for each location in your import file as if there is any entry made in the AddressComplete field, all the other address fields will be ignored.
- Image: Here you can provide the URL to an image which will be shown in the store list and in the information window that appears when the store is shown on the map. For example, “www.storelocatorwidgets.com/admin/images/icons/logo-64.png”
- Website: This is the URL to a website for the location. For example, “www.my-store.com” Website_text: If you don’t provide this field, the website link text will be shown as ‘Website’. You can choose how the link appears by setting this value.
- Facebook: This can be a link to the Facebook page for this location. For example, “www.facebook.com/mybusinessname”.
- Instagram: This can be a link to the Instagram page for this location. For example, “www.instagram.com/mybusinessname”.
- Phone: The phone number for this location. For example, “305-424-5226”.
- Phone2: An alternate phone number. For example, “305-424-5227”.
- Fax: The fax number for this location. For example, “305-424-5228”.
- Email: The email address for this location. For example, “[email protected] ”.
The hours fields are all used for specifying store opening hours.
- Hours_Monday: For example, “09:00 to 5:30”.
- Hours_Tuesday: For example, “09:00 to 5:30”.
- Hours_Wednesday: For example, “09:00 to 5:30”.
- Hours_Thursday: For example, “09:00 to 7:30”.
- Hours_Friday: For example, “09:00 to 5:30”.
- Hours_Saturday: For example, “09:00 to 2:30”.
- Hours_Sunday: For example, “Closed”.
- map_lat: This is used to specify the latitude of the location. In most cases, you can rely on our geocoding process which will automatically convert an address into the latitude / longitude coordinate on the map but in some cases you may want to give it to us exactly. For example, -17.10124345.
- map_lng: As above. For example, 1.32435435.
- filters: Filters can be used to allow your customers to search for stores which carry a particular product line or in some way to search a subset of your stores. Filters are delimited by commas. For example, “Filter 1, Filter 2” would assign the two filters to this location.
- display_order: You can set display_order to define the initial order in which the locations are shown in the store list before customers search for the first time. If this is set to 1, this will be the first location listed. For example, “22”. marker: You can define custom map markers on import using this value. The value here should match the name of the marker on the Advanced Settings page. For example, “My Custom Garage Marker”.
- priority_type: This is used to switch between the various priority types as described here: Top, TopEmpty, Distance.
- priority_setting: This is an additional parameter used to set the priority distance value.
- z_index: This allows you to configure whether this marker is placed on top of other markers on the map. A higher z-index value means it is placed on top of lower values.
- visibility: If this field is set to 'Hidden', the location will not be visible in the locator. Use this to temporarily hide locations from display in your locator.
- google_placeid: This is used to set the Google PlaceID.
- marker: You can set this to one of our default marker names or to the name of your custom uploaded marker.
If you have added any additional new custom elements to your layout, these additional elements will appear as new fields after the marker field.
That's all! If you have any questions about any of the above, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our support team.